Sunday, September 8, 2013

Days 26 and 27

Day 26

Weekends are busy.  Actually, I haven't been on the computer since Friday afternoon and here it is Sunday evening at 10pm.  I will try to catch up by posting my thanks for Friday and Saturday tonight and I will get to Sunday's thanks tomorrow.  :)  

My 28 thanks:

1. I got to eat dinner with my sister.

2. My sister has fun friends.

3. Her friends made tying ribbons on invitations fun.

4. We tied a ton of bows.  A lot was accomplished.

5. Watching the Norwegian fox song with Jessi is a lot of fun.

6. I love my sister.

7. I love that I only have one sister.

8. My one sister won't get married ever again! 

9. Zachary had a fun guys night with Daddy while I was helping Sarah.

10. Madelyn gets excited about seeing Sarah and her friends.

11. The bridal shower invitations (for one shower) are done! 

12. Christina has done most of the work for this particular shower.  I am infinitely thankful for that.

13. Lucy has been a trooper, letting us put wedding invitations all over the place in her formal dining room.  Hopefully, we will be done soon and she can have her room back!

14. Madelyn took her first AR test and made a 100%

15. My kids make me proud every day.

16. I am learning to step out of my comfort zone.

17. Matt came home early from work!

18. Sarah and I met with the florist today.  We finalized plans and made the down payment.  One more thing to check off the to-do list.

19. The wedding to-do list is getting smaller and smaller.

20. Jennifer at A New Beginning Florist is one of the nicest ladies I have ever done business with.

21. She is genuinely interested in doing the best ever job for Sarah's wedding.  I would totally recommend her.

22. I am excited to do business with her since her store at 4th and Telephone in Moore was majorly damaged during the May 20th tornado.

23. My sister's wedding invitations may be labor intensive, but they are super cute.  She and Chad did good.

24. I started the guest list for the family shower.  I may be a little behind, but I am quickly getting back on track.

25. The new series of LEGO mini-figures is out.  Matt found 5 of the 6 we wanted immediately!  That never happens.  :)

26. He and Zachary were so excited they came straight home, hung another type tray on the wall and put all our LEGO mini-figures in it.

27. I am a really cool wife.  I let my husband hang type trays on the wall containing LEGO mini-figures and I actually like it. 

28. Zachary loves LEGOs.  I'm pretty sure that means he is going to be a super smart architect or something. 




Day  27

My 28 thanks:

1. Our only plans for the day lasted until 12:30.  We had the whole afternoon unplanned.

2. The breakfast at the Family iD conference was delicious.

3. Panera Bread breakfast sandwiches.  Who knew they were so good?  Probably everyone but me! 

4. The conference was really fantastic.  I had my doubts and we weren't planning to go early on, but I am so glad we decided to do it.

5. Greg Gunn is an amazing man.  I am so glad we met him 4 (ish) years ago to do our life insurance.  He introduced us to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover which has brought us to the place we are at now in life.  We will forever be grateful to Greg Gunn.  His Family iD ministry is just icing on the cake.

6. Matt had to leave the conference early, but it was okay, because my friend Nicole was there to keep me company and listen to all my remarks. 

7. Zachary played his first soccer game of the season.  I had to miss it, but Matt said he did a good job.

8. Zachary is improving at soccer.  He actually kicked the ball on the field...although I am told he does still wander around daydreaming some of the time.  :)

9. Madelyn had a good time spending the night at Grandma Lucy's house. 

10. We didn't have to wake Madelyn up early to go to the conference because she stayed the night at Grandma Lucy's house!

11. Lucy celebrated her birthday on Saturday.  She has been a blessing in my life.

12. I was told AGAIN that it looks like I have lost weight!  Yay!

13. OU won their football game.

14. The game was ugly, but it's okay because I didn't get to watch it...it was background noise as I was tying ribbons.

15. I tied 108 ribbons around 108 wedding invitations in 2 1/2 hours.  All by myself!  :)  It's a good thing I love my sister!  It's also a good thing my sister has such an awesome sister!  :)  Ha!

16. Madelyn read a lot of her book while we were at my dad's house watching the game.

17. Zachary is really good at entertaining himself. 

18. He cleaned up all the toys at my dad's house without being asked.

19. He was so excited about "helping" me tie the invitations.  He made sure I always had an invitation and ribbon right in front of me as soon as I was finished with one. 

20. He has a servant's heart.  He is always happy to help.

21. My kids were so tired when we left the house after the game that they went right to bed.

22. I rarely have any problems getting my kids to bed at bedtime.

23. It is never too late to starting being intentional about your family.

24. Matt and I have a plan for our family and it is exciting.

25. We got all our errands run during our free afternoon.

26. We were able to purchase a gift for one of Sarah and Chad's showers...TWO whole weeks early.  I think that is some kind of record for us.

27. Chick-fil-a ice cream cones.  It was such a hot day and they were so cold and delicious.

28. One of our errands was getting the oil changed in Matt's car.  As it was being worked on at Sear's, we went in the store to purchase the shower gift.  After we checked out, we were given a coupon for an oil change that ended up saving us $15.  It was perfect timing. 


0 comments: